4/16/07

Chatty Junk Square

I submit the following from a Slate article about Ludwig Wittgenstein and ask: is there any way to follow this half-sentence without embarrassing yourself?

“He resembled T.E. Lawrence both in his homosexuality and…”

As a thought experiment, let’s try a different one, this time about Wilt “The Stilt” Chamberlain: “He resembles Winston Churchill both in his heterosexuality and…”

Nope, it’s not working for me.

Also: I read once that Wittgenstein may have had several homosexual trysts in Wiener Prater Park, which is a funny name for a park in which a language philosopher may have had homosexual trysts. When I have mine, I’m going to try to find a place called Talkative Cock Commons. Perhaps Blithering Blabbering Balls Green. Afterwards, my lover and I will repair to the Phallic Jibber-Jabber Amphitheater to take in a show.

Dear Ludwig,
Welcome back.
Sincerely,
Kierkegaard.

No comments: