10/9/07

Just hook it to my veins...

One peccadillo that I haven't been able to overcome since reaching grad school is my tendency to watch all three college football games every Saturday. And then all three pro football games every Sunday. It adds up to something like 20 hours of football in a 40 hour span. It's a great analgesic, as far as that goes, but it plays some serious percussion on my work-week.

I only have class Tuesday and Thursday. So I take Thursday off after class, because we go get drunk on Thursday after class, to celebrate the end of class. Then, I take Friday off, because I have a hangover on Friday. So I'm left with a four day window to do six days worth of work.

And let me tell you. It's not impossible. I've done it six weeks straight, without a stumble or a missed beat.

But it hurts, man. It hurts. I can't wait for this week to be over. I want to watch football like you wouldn't believe.

No comments: